Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Women Getting Pregnant in Iraq


We don't even keep track of it for statistical purposes?
The Armed Forces should issue birth control patches to women soldiers and only restrict this benefit if they, in writing decline. I don't say this because I encourage sexual activity in general not to mention within the Armed Forces not to mention during a war. However, women soldiers would be more effective if they did not have to deal with the monthly onslaught of cramps, fatigue and pain of menstruation. Easing of these symptoms can only be offered them by birth control pills or patches. Just to clarify: I IN NO WAY CONDONE SEXUAL ACTIVITY AMONG SOLDIERS OR ANYONE NOR DO I CONDONE THE WAR. I make the assertion to issue birth control patches not because I think that it would only be better for the purpose of preventing pregnancy. If I thought this, I would say something stupid like "issue every guy a bunch of condoms".....But really, who would be THAT STUPID!! I think women in life have enough trouble getting pressured into having sex, we DO NOT need society finding ways to make men feel better about their decisions to pressure them ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN THEY ARE STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF A DESERT AND LOOKING FOR COMFORT. Now that that is clear. Please re-read the first sentence. Soldiers have enough to worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home