Sunday, November 06, 2005

Who's Laughing Now?


Now, I'm not one to laugh at others' pain; but ya know what? France can bite me.

This summer I lived with a tiny French nymph to whom both my boss and closest friend endearingly refer to as "the French Bitch." At first I enjoyed her company, but as things progressed, she turned evil. Among other things, she posted two disparaging items on her narcissistic French blog that clued me in on her naughty little mind: (a) a picture of me passed out on my bathroom floor (make what inferences you must - unless you are my father....Then, just, um, well- let's just say I was sick...) and (b) a list of my sleeping disorders and how they annoyed her....Then there was the "American boyfriend" who, I forced out of the closet as a "friend of Bill's" along with his friend with whom I went on a pity date which ended in him trying to jump me...Which further ended in him crying (inference inference).

ANYway, the nymph frog was here during Katrina. She witnessed my astonishment, tears (and I never cry) and my will to do something. Her reaction: (read this in the accent of the feather duster from Beauty and the Beast - yes, OF COURSE the Disney version) "what a ridiculous country! They obviously do not care to save those kind of people anyway, why should they care now?" Although my instinct was to clothesline her, I couldn't reach down that far.

And now I look at France and all I have to say to that is BITE ME!!! I speak French, I love France but don't send me one of your snobby Parisians for a summer and then expect me to feel bad for civil unrest that your government and your bureaucracy caused in the first place. THIS is not an unexpected natural disaster. This nation-wide rioting is caused by years of racial segregation that was encouraged by policies such as those that forced young Muslim girls to remove their headscarfs in the classroom.

So - I am sorry for the innocent people that are being hurt and the innocent Peugots with Michelin (by the way, the Michelin man's name is Blip) that are being lit on fire. THAT is horrible and I feel for those individuals....but to all you Parisians that calloused your hearts at Katrina because of your color consciousness....look where that has gotten YOUR OWN country.

BITE ME.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home