Saturday, April 14, 2007

FORGEnow.org

As we grow, change and start to work instead of talk....so do our blogs! Who knew?!

Going forward, LaVoixHumaine will host information on the project that I will be implementing in Kala Refugee camp in Northwest Zambia. Some of you have donated generously and I THANK YOU!! Others heard about these fundraising needs through myself or one of my great supportive friends. To be honest, I am less than half way to the minimum fundraising goal with only 2.5 months to go! This worries me as I need to have $7,500 in the FORGE bank no later than June 1st. This is divided as shown below. PLEASE HELP! Pass this link along, email people you know - ANY help you can offer is so very appreciated!

TO DONATE:
Go to www.FORGEnow.org
Click "Donate Now" and proceed.
ALL amounts - big, small and in between - are very much appreciated!!
PLEASE NOTE on the donation "Kala - Rachelle" so that it will be properly credited.

Fundraising break down:
85% of all the following go to my portion of the project, 15% goes to the FORGE umbrella
This is the MINIMUM estimate.
$4,000 - Travel, Ground transport (for myself and the gear), housing in the camp, food, a night
guard for the house, trips the Kawambwa (the local town) for supplies, bike for
around camp transport, portion of FORGE car upkeep, etc.
$1,200 - a portion of refugee teachers and administrators' salaries for 2 years, curriculum
material, printing, building upkeep, paint for building, chairs, chalk board etc.
$2,300 - a portion of the building in which CDRA will be housed

We are working from the bottom up here and in the refugee camp! Small amounts add up so don't be shy!

Thank you so much! Hope you are all well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home